For not really obvious reasons, Sitecore doesn’t provide an intuitive way to remove a profile card or profile key added to a page. Once you assign it to the page, you don’t have a way to remove it.
One way to delete the profile card or profile key from a Sitecore item is to delete the assigned XML code directly from the item field. In order to do that, you need to follow the following steps:
- Step 1. Log in to Sitecore Desktop, then go to Content Editor.
- Step 2. Click on the red menu from the top left part of the browser window, then click on the Application Options, then check the following options:
- From Show/Hide section, check the “Fields from the Standard template” option.
- From Field values section, check the “Show raw values” option.
- Step 3. Go to the Sitecore item where the profile group or profile key is assigned, then go to the “Advanced” section and delete the value inside the “Tracking” field.
- Step 4. Revert the changes from Step 2 and you are done.
Hopefully Sitecore would add an easier way to remove the profile keys in the future. In case I am missing an easier option to do this, please let me know in the comments section.