A new iteration of Silverlight has been released few days ago. Microsoft says that it’s a very important update with almost 40 new features and big performance fixes.
Some of new features from Silverlight 5:
- XAML Debugging with breakpoints for binding debugging
- Implicit data templates for easy UI reuse
- Double (and multi) click support
- GPU-accelerated XNA-compatible 3D and immediate-mode 2D API
- Low-latency sound effects and WAV support
- Real operating system windows and multi-display support
- Significant performance improvements, fixes and much more
You can download the new version of Silverlight 5 beta from here.
The full version of Silverlight 5 will be released later this year. No further information is given regarding the release date.