A few days ago Microsoft released Service Pack 3 for SQL Server 2008. Some important improvements in SP3 are:
- Enhanced upgrade experience from previous versions of SQL Server to SQL Server 2008 SP3. In addition, we have increased the performance & reliability of the setup experience.
- In SQL Server Integration Services logs will now show the total number of rows sent in Data Flows.
- Enhanced warning messages when creating the maintenance plan if the Shrink Database option is enabled.
- Resolving database issue with transparent data encryption enabled and making it available even if certificate is dropped.
- Optimized query outcomes when indexed Spatial Data Type column is referenced by DTA (Database Tuning Advisor).
- Superior user experience with Sequence Functions (e.g Row_Numbers()) in a Parallel execution plan.
You can download Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP3 from here.